PLEDGE FORM (Spring 2010) — please print out, sign and date, and submit to your instructor on the second day of class
In order to be allowed to attend this class (Ger 278), I pledge to abide by the following rules as standards of professional student behavior, like in a movie theater. I grant the Instructor, Prof. Classen, the right to drop me from this class if I breach any of these in an egregious manner and if I disrespect warnings:
1. I will not use any electronic equipment, and all cell phones and similar gadgets will be turned off completely (on mute only if you expect an emergency phone call, which would have to be documented)–no laptops, blackberries, iphones, etc. will be allowed.
2. If I bring in other students’ clickers, or IDs, with the intent to cheat for them, or if I use any electronic equipment to gain access to outside resources during testing, I accept that I will be immediately removed from this class administratively.
3. If I commit plagiarism, or any other kinds of academic cheating, I accept that I will be immediately removed from this class administratively.
4. I will not read any inappropriate material during class, such as newspapers, irrelevant books, or other print or electronic materials and media that have nothing to do with this class.
5. I will respect all my classmates, do not disturb or distract them, and make my best effort to contribute in a constructive and academic manner.
6. I will behave in a professional, mature, and polite manner.
7. I will be punctual, well dressed, alert, and, yes, awake!
8. I will not eat or drink in this class; only bottled water is allowed
9. I will respect my Instructor, the PTAs (or TAs), Grader/s, and SIs, and all other personnel charged with the instructive purposes of this class.
I have thoroughly read the syllabus, understand it, and am committed to all learning objectives stated in the syllabus!
I have understood all statements of this pledge and had an opportunity to ask questions and have them answered by the Instructor.
Print your name: _______________________
_______________________ (Student ID)