PLEDGE FORM (Spring 2015) — please print out, sign and date, and submit to your instructor on the second day of class
I want to take this class, but in order to be allowed to attend it (Ger 278), I pledge to abide by the following rules as standards of professional student behavior, like in a movie theater, or at any other public gathering that require full attention (your instructor will follow the same standards, of course). I grant the Instructor, Prof. Classen, the right to drop me from this class if I breach any of these in an egregious manner and if I disrespect repeated warnings:
1. I will not use any electronic equipment, and all cell phones and similar gadgets will be turned off completely (on mute only if you expect an emergency phone call, which would have to be documented)–no laptops, blackberries, iphones, etc. will be allowed. Special circumstances will be considered.
2. If I commit plagiarism, or any other kinds of academic cheating, I understand that there will be legal consequences; in extreme cases removal from the class or even from the university.
3. I will not read any inappropriate material during class, such as newspapers, irrelevant books, or other print or electronic materials and media that have nothing to do with this class.
4. I will respect all my classmates, do not disturb or distract them, and make my best effort to contribute in a constructive and academic manner. Tolerance is the primary ideal in our class, together with cooperation and good communication.
5. I will behave in a professional, mature, and polite manner.
6. I will be punctual, well dressed, alert, and awake!
7. I will not eat or drink in this class; only bottled water is allowed
8. I will respect my Instructor, the TA/s, Grader/s, and SI/s, and all other personnel charged with the instructive purposes of this class.
I have thoroughly read the syllabus, understand it, and am committed to all learning objectives stated in the syllabus!
I have understood all statements of this pledge and had an opportunity to ask questions and have them answered by the Instructor.
Signature: ______________________________________ Date: _________________________
Print your name: _______________________________________________
Student ID: _______________________